As of January 2022, CIBSE is an approved assessment entity to carry out assessments on behalf of the Board of Professional Engineers Queensland. Registration can be applied for via CIBSE as an Electrical or Mechanical Engineer.
- Non-Members or those who hold a lower grade of CIBSE membership can apply only for their RPEQ Assessment or also obtain MCIBSE CEng as part of the assessment as the criteria for undergoing RPEQ Assessment is equivalent. Whilst candidates are assessed against our Member (MCIBSE) criteria they will not be required to join the Institution on successful completion of this process unless they wish to do so. At the point of completion, candidates will be advised of their options.
- MCIBSE CEng holders are required to undertake a contemporaneous assessment of their CPD. Visit our Member application page for RPEQ.
- an accredited degree recognised under the Washington Accord, OR qualification that has been assessed as equivalent by Engineers Australia
- at least four years post-graduate experience
- at least two years responsibility for significant engineering work
- the CIBSE Member grade competence requirements.
Before you apply
Prepare the following documents (in separate files) before starting your online application:
- Copies of Photo ID - Applicants must submit an ID that meets the 100 point check.
- Certified copies of your Washington Accord or EA Assessed qualifications.
(If your qualification was assessed by Engineers Australia please submit this assessment. If your documents are not in English you are required to submit an official translation.)
- A CV or career record evidencing your experience as a professional engineer.
- The name and email address of your Sponsor who can verify your professional experience.
- A written reference from your Sponsor. Your sponsor must be able to corroborate your competence demonstrated in your Engineering Practice Report and that you can carry out these competences without supervision.
- Your Engineering Practice Report demonstrating how you meet the CIBSE Member Competence requirements.
Ready to apply?
Your application will be reviewed and sent to CIBSE Australia for assessment.
CIBSE Australia will invoice you for the fees which are:
A$180 application fee and A$260 interview fee.
You will be invited for an interview with at least one interviewer holding RPEQ. You should be prepared to demonstrate how you apply and acquire local engineering knowledge.
On successful completion of your interview, CIBSE will provide you with a letter of eligibility for you to submit to BPEQ.