The mission for the HVAC group is to support and encourage the efficient design, installation and operation of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Broaden knowledge and awareness of the strategic and practical issues, the latest developments and new technologies related to HVAC systems.
- Identify and respond to trends and future developments in HVAC design and implementation.
- Act as a specialist forum for knowledge exchange about best practice and lessons learnt.
- Increase members' knowledge and skills in the HVAC specialist area.
- Promote critical thinking in the design and operation of HVAC systems.
- Identify knowledge gaps relating to the design and operation of HVAC systems, and promote appropriate research in these areas.
- Contribute to the development of new publications and the maintenance and updating of existing guidance.
- Seek collaboration and links with other relevant institutions and organisations.
- Provide speakers for events, technical papers, seminars and training courses, and to organise a programme of events as appropriate.