CIBSE recognises the valuable skills gained from apprenticeships – practical and relevant work experience. We are looking for apprentices who are rising stars with a burning desire to succeed in the building services sector.
Candidates for the CIBSE Apprentice of the Year must have started their Apprenticeship before 1 January 2023 and must be ‘(pre-end-point assessment)’ as of 1 November 2023. The categories are open internationally and are free to enter.
Entries are now closed
The award is split into two categories and you will be entered into the category appropriate to the level of Apprenticeship you are undertaking.
- Apprentice of the Year - Technician (Level 3-4) - free to enter and open to all Apprentices registered to Standards/Frameworks at levels 3 and 4 in building services engineering and related occupations.
- Apprentice of the Year - Degree (Level 5-7) - free to enter and open to all Apprentices registered to Standards/Frameworks at levels 5 through 7 in building services engineering and related occupations.
£500 cash prize
£300 cash prize
£200 cash prize
What happens next:
- The judges will use your entry form and video to evaluate your entry and create a shortlist.
- The shortlist will be announced at the beginning of September.
- The Awards ceremony is on Thursday 12 October 2023 at Royal College of Physicians, London.
Apprentice of the Year Level 3-4 2022
''I am inspired by the positive impact this industry has on the world around me. By working for a company that provides strategies to decarbonise the generation, distribution, and usage of energy, I know that every project I work on is helping work towards the UK’s net zero target.''
Harvey Hudson, Vital Energi
Apprentice of the Year Level 5-7 2022
''Members of the management team at my place of work recommended that I go for the award as a way of recognising the hard work I have put in and progress I have made as an apprentice in the industry. I also thought the whole experience would be of huge benefit in terms of exposing myself to the industry and meeting a wider network of like minded people who share my passion for building services.''
Louis Kimber, Atkins