Full Time, permanent
Salary: Up to £50,000 pa dependent on experience
Location: Balham, London
To apply please send a copy of your CV plus a covering letter to [email protected], outlining how you feel you would be a great fit for the role.
Job Purpose & Specific Accountabilities
The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) is a pioneer in responding to the threat of climate change. We support engineers in finding innovative ways to make buildings perform for individuals, the community and the planet. As a leading professional engineering institution, CIBSE has over 20,000 members across 95 countries.
Our membership is diverse and comprises a broad range of specialisms. CIBSE consults the government on construction, engineering, and sustainability, providing the resources needed to meet net zero targets in the UK, Europe and worldwide. We are committed to supporting engineers and the vital role they play in creating a safe, sustainable future.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Membership Development Manager to join the Membership Department, which is in the process of an exciting transition, with a strong focus on B2B and developing new propositions to enhance the customer experience.
This role is to develop existing and new relationships to drive membership growth in our sector. Reporting to the Head of Strategic Projects, the successful candidate will have a proven wealth of experience developing B2B business and holds an entrepreneurial mindset to explore new opportunities for growth.
This role requires a high level of autonomy and initiative and must be confident in communicating with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Foster and develop B2B relationships to drive membership growth and explore financial opportunities for the department
- Ensure successful achievement of year-on-year membership and related product targets
- Develop and implement growth strategies to achieve membership targets, in collaboration with the senior leadership team
- Line manage one Senior Membership Development Executive, including coaching and mentoring, to achieve their targets and professional development goals
- Work collaboratively with other departments, including marketing, to ensure a seamless member experience
- Utilise the CRM, Salesforce, to manage the pipeline and develop strategies to follow up, engage and convert leads into membership.
- Contribute to the development of new membership products, propositions and services
What skills do you need?
- Strategic and commercial mindset
- A proven track record of new business development to deliver growth and high-quality customer service.
- High degree of professionalism
- Adept at account management and developing new business opportunities
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills, able to communicate effectively with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and at all levels
- Skilled in negotiation techniques, capable of influencing others
- Experience of using and reporting in CRMs
- Experience working in a professional membership organisation
- Previous experience working in the engineering sector
- Educated to a degree level
- Experience working with Salesforce
What CIBSE offers you
- Core holidays (25 days increasing to 27 days with length of service plus Bank Holidays for full-time employees, pro-rated for part-time employees),
- Contributory pension scheme
- Family-friendly leave
- 3 x paid volunteering days
- Annual travel season ticket loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cash Plan – cash back for routine healthcare treatments
- Shopping portal, rewards programme, and gym discounts
- Support and wellbeing service which includes 24/7 online GP, second medical opinion, mental health support service and more
- Hybrid working
To apply for the role please send a copy of your CV plus a covering letter to [email protected], outlining how you feel you would be a great fit for the role.
The Institution is an equal opportunities employer. The post-holder will be expected to adhere to and support the Institution’s commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.