Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000 plus benefits
Location: Balham, London
Application Deadline: 15/09/2023
To apply please send a your CV and covering letter to Juliet Rennie, [email protected], outlining how you feel you would be a great fit for the role.
CIBSE is looking for a dynamic event coordinator. The Institution is a charity that plays a critical role in a growing and changing built environment sector. We are currently expanding and diversifying to support our strategic goals to improve performance and safety, health, sustainability and achieve net zero carbon in the built environment.
This is an exciting time to join CIBSE, which is undergoing modernisation in its internal processes and culture. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to coordinate activity in an already flourishing events business comprising an established trade exhibition (B2P), three awards ceremonies (The YEA’s, The SFE Awards and Dinner and the BPA’s) and a Technical Symposium. The sector is in the midst of significant change which will create significant opportunities for growth.
With over 20,000 Members across its global community, CIBSE is a professional body that exists to promote the Art, Science and Practice of building services engineering by providing first-class information and education services and promoting the spirit of fellowship which guides its work. It promotes the profession of building services engineering by accrediting courses of study in further and higher education and is the standard setter and authority on building services engineering.
CIBSE provides the voice for the profession, is consulted by government about construction, engineering and sustainability and is represented on major bodies and organisations which govern construction and engineering occupations in the UK, Europe and worldwide.
Job Purpose – challenge and opportunity
To coordinate a range of activities leading to the successful delivery of our market-leading events. You will work closely with sales, marketing, technical and finance and play a pivotal role in delivering our events. You will participate in events meetings working with the Event Manager and a range of internal and external stakeholders. You will develop plans and timelines for your events and ensure we deliver on time and within the defined financial targets. As defined by the Event Manager, you will liaise with external stakeholders, be involved in venue selection (and liaison) and be a key member of the on-site delivery team. You will be well organised, dynamic and have excellent communication skills as well as attention to detail which is essential. The role is varied and evolving and will change and evolve as the portfolio grows. You will be expected to be flexible and adaptive with a keen eye on customer experience and satisfaction. You will have energy and a “can do” attitude, a sense of fun and not be afraid of hard work.
- Working with stakeholders and the CIBSE team to deliver a range of events, awards and conferences.
- Delivery of events in line with budget and financial expectations
- Attend event meetings and prepare actions and timelines for each event
- Arrange logistics for all events and liaise with suppliers and venues to ensure smooth delivery
- Agree key tasks with Event Manager for each event
- Build a network of contacts across CIBSE to facilitate the delivery of events
- Deliver a fantastic customer experience
- Liaison with operations (via third party contractor)
- Accurate record keeping and IT skills
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- One year’s minimum event experience
- Communication skills: The skill to impart information in a personable way to stakeholders, internal staff and the wider CIBSE team.
- Decision-making skills: The ability to determine which events to focus on to deliver on our key objectives.
- Attention to detail: Ensure each event is on schedule and delivered with precision and accuracy.
- Collaboration skills: You'll be working with a wide range of stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds – academics, experts and engineers to name a few!
- IT literacy – To work across our systems and processes
- Knowledge of the construction sector
- Working with an Institute, Institution or Association
What CIBSE offers you
- A supportive and friendly working environment.
- The chance to make a real difference in a charity with growing ambitions.
- On-the-job support, with the opportunity be involved in a variety of activities and learn new systems, and so improve your skills and develop your career.
- Core holidays (25 days increasing to 27 days with length of service plus Bank Holidays for full-time employees, pro-rated for part-time employees).
- Contributory pension scheme
- Family-friendly leave
- 3 x paid volunteering days
- Annual travel season ticket loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cash Plan – cash back for routine healthcare treatments
- Shopping portal, rewards programme, and gym discounts
- Support and wellbeing service which includes 24/7 online GP, second medical opinion, mental health support service and more
- Hybrid working
The role will be formally based at our Head Office (Balham). Everyone has been asked to be in the office as many or more days than they are not (so, if you work 5 days a week, you are expected in the office for a minimum of 3).
Applicant's must have the right to work in the UK.
To apply for the role please send a copy of your CV plus a covering letter to Juliet Rennie, [email protected], outlining how you feel you would be a great fit for the role.
The deadline for all applications is Wednesday 15 September 2023.
The Institution is an equal opportunities employer. The post-holder will be expected to adhere to and support the Institution’s commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.